RE: NANFA-L-- Re: Chinese Sturgeon on AquaBid

Michael Gaines (michaelandclarine-in-sbcglobal.net)
Tue, 9 May 2006 20:25:14 -0700 (PDT)

I believe that if your intent was to "impersonate" a US Customs Agent, you could go to jail for that.
I've mostly just watched this list, and never posted to it, but this is just ridiculous. Those who are talking about the cut that Mark gets on on these auctions haven't even taken the time to educate themselves by reading aquabid policies. As Dustin said, he gets NOTHING out of the auctions except what is voluntarily given. He deletes auctions for various reasons all the time, but unless you can show that it is illegal to sell in CA, which nobody appears to have done as of yet, he is doing nothing wrong. There are hundreds of auctions posted to aquabid every day, and to my knowledge there aren't a whole lot of people running it, and the financial gain is negligable. Get on the guy who is selling it, and get over it.
Michael

Doug Sharp <dougsharp-in-channelzilch.com> wrote:
I registered on aquabid with user name "uscustomsagent". Emailed him that if he turned it in voluntarily to the local
authorities the penalty would be reduced.

No reply yet.