Re: NANFA-L-- Re: Chinese Sturgeon on AquaBid OFF topic

anutej-in-loxinfo.co.th
Sun, 14 May 2006 00:59:47 +0700

I am not sure if they use the same technique or the same strain, but
here they try to make something of chain farm like - you get fry from
the company, feed them with company's food, and when the fish grows to
suitable size the company is supposed to buy them back. The problem
is that with so many farms around the fish's meat price drop and the
company refuse to buy back, leaving farmers in the cold...
Fortunately [?] not all fish are sterile somehow, and some farmers can
pump out fry on their own and you can imagine the rest...

Tony