Re: NANFA-L-- Good Quote Earth Attacked!

Jerry Baker (nanfa-in-bakerweb.biz)
Fri, 19 May 2006 08:13:54 -0700

geoffrey kimber wrote:
> what does natural mean? I think that's the whole basis of the
> discussion, but I don't think that both of you see that. You're using
> the same word to have a different meaning.

The argument seems to be that anything operating within the context of
all of known creation is "natural" (by definition). The natural
conclusion to that line of reasoning is that there is no such thing as
right and wrong, because everything natural is right and everything is,
by definition, natural. The argument that everything is acceptable by
virtue of the fact that it takes place within the realm of the natural
has dangerous consequences on so many levels if carried to its logical
ends. If you predefine every possible action possible as "good", or-in-
least neutral, there is nothing that is "wrong." I hope it goes without
saying that amorality is not conducive to anything other than the
wholesale destruction of society and any environment unlucky enough to
be nearby.