Re: NANFA-L-- BLOOD WORMS AND ALLERGIES!

J. C. (hillbillynursery-in-yahoo.com)
Fri, 26 May 2006 21:24:59 -0700 (PDT)

It is a common allergy. So people can actually die
from touching a frozen cube of them. I have no idea
what the compound is that causes this. This is one of
the reasons I do not use blood worms for feeding my
fish. But I raise several live foods so they are not
needed anyway.

Later John

--- Hold The Cow! <darterman-in-cboss.com> wrote:

> I was wondering.... If anyone has suffered severe
> allergic reactions to blood
> worms, both frozen and freeze dried. My hands and
> eyes start itching similar
> to mild poison ivy. If anyone has had similar
> reactions, please share your
> story, and if anyone actually knows just what it
> might be IN this food that
> causes this reaction, I would like to know. I have a
> nasty reaction to only
> this fish food. I don't eat it of course.
>
> Rob Carillio
> Mahoning River Drainage,
> Ohio-North America

John Cox of Cumberland Killifish
Honey Robber beekeeping and removal services

Please join A Fishy World my new email group all
about fish-in-AFishyWorld-subscribe-in-yahoogroups.com
http://mail.yahoo.com