RE: NANFA-L-- The Mad River March...

Subject: RE: NANFA-L-- The Mad River March...
From: Bruce Stallsmith (fundulus-in-hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 22 2004 - 10:49:50 CST

Sounds like a good day, Todd, hitting some of the remaining interesting
streams in Ohio. If it doesn't rain I hope to get out on Wednesday to seine
a local creek west of here to determine if Threatened slackwater darters are
present. They're probably not (Piney Creek system in Limestone County, AL,
with no records) but there may be flame chubs present which would be a
consolation prize. It's a beautiful creek that's obviously suffered from
poor land management on adjacent lands since American settlement about 1810.
One obvious problem is thickets of privet streamside, along with banks too
sharply cut by too many flood events. Oh well... I'm glad that parts of Ohio
have survived and are recovering.

--Bruce Stallsmith
'longside the Tennessee
Huntsville, AL, US of A

>From: "Todd D. Crail" <tcrail-in-UTNet.UToledo.Edu>
>To: <nanfa-l-in-nanfa.org>
>Subject: NANFA-L-- The Mad River March...
>Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 23:53:17 -0500
>
>Greetings Listizens,
>
>Yesterday, I was down Columbus way to visit with my Sister and
>Brother-in-law. And no, not to see Michigan get spanked and sent home...
>but instead, to listen to Lewis Black rant in person for an hour Friday
>night. In fact, I tried to time my drive the opposite direction of the
>Wolverine invasion of the Buckeye capital. ;)

: Fri Dec 31 2004 - 12:42:52 CST