Re: NANFA-L-- Final 2005 Water garden Sunfish tally

George W Corben (gwcorben-in-juno.com)
Tue, 1 Nov 2005 14:23:35 -0600

I established my watergarden in early Aug. '04 and did not want
to stock it with goldfish or Koi, opting instead to keep fish that I was
familiar with from my youth. No Bullheads though. My pond has just
completed its first full season and I was feeling quite proud of the fact
that I had Sunfish that successfully spawned in it. Feeling proud that is
,until I posted the notice of my results and immediately began receiving
criticism for returning fish to their stream of origin.
I thought I was doing good by promulgating native fish but
apparently not.. My breeding age Green sunfish are now gone from my pond
so this wont happen again. I do have 4 1 3/4- 2" Greens in my aquarium
that will spend the winter inside with me. Im not sure what their future
holds come Spring, maybe everyone
thinks a bait shop might be a good idea.

George