Re: NANFA-L-- Flame Chub Testimony On Friday

Bruce Stallsmith (fundulus-in-hotmail.com)
Wed, 02 Nov 2005 09:58:20 -0500

We sampled each site on Larkin Fork once, during normal stream flow, maximum
depth about a meter. We seined along a hundred meter stretch of each stream
for about one and a half hours. Especially-in-the upstream site we found
both high species richness and lots of individuals of most species. The last
reported collection of flame chubs-in-the upstream site was in November 1980
(8 individuals found),-in-the downstream site in November 1999 (1 individual
found). Our results may show an unfortunate trend, I hope I'm wrong.

--Bruce Stallsmith
along the Tennessee
Huntsville, AL, US of A