Re: NANFA-L-- Who Eats Tadpoles

Subject: Re: NANFA-L-- Who Eats Tadpoles
From: Mark (nanfa at jonahsaquarium.com)
Date: Wed Oct 27 2004 - 09:44:13 CDT

At 11:56 AM -0400 10/27/04, EELReprah at aol.com wrote:
>My current South Carolina pickerel (NANFA collecting trip) is now getting
>used to the fact that I feed it live fish and comes to the front
>looking for the
>next meal. Maybe soon I can "train" it or it will train me to feed it pellets
>of some type. Sunfish and bass have learned that way for me but I don't know
>about a true piscavore. I may put him or her in with some sunfish that eat
>anything. Of course the sunfish may get eaten.

My successes have been with one or two pickerel that rule the tank.
No competitors. If they are comfortable with their environment, and
accoustomed to striking whatever hits the water, that, I think,
improves the chances that they will take dead or dry stuff.

--
Mark
Conejo Creek drainage

<))>< /----------------------------------------------------------------------- / This is the discussion list of the North American Native Fishes / Association (NANFA). Comments made on this list do not necessarily / reflect the beliefs or goals of NANFA. For more information about NANFA, / visit http://www.nanfa.org . Please make sure all posts to nanfa-l are / consistent with the guidelines as per / http://www.nanfa.org/archive/nanfa/guidelines.html. To subscribe, / unsubscribe, or get help, visit the NANFA email list home page and / archive at http://www.nanfa.org/archive/nanfa/.

: Fri Dec 31 2004 - 11:27:55 CST