NANFA-L-- snakehead news clip

swel0828 at brockport.edu
Wed, 12 Oct 2005 18:51:02 -0400

Hello again -

I just wanted to know if that clip (left side of website) is for real???

I can't imagine a real biologist would actually promote the
consumption of this unwanted invasive species in his region!

The story seems legitimate, but that news release is a joke- or should be.

These fish will eat/replace many native fishes that inhabit those waters - and quick.
I would be shocking the _ _ _ _ out of that water at will - until no snakehead came up.

If the states are smart they will start the legislation process now to ban the possession/consumption
of this species before the exotic sportfish tag glue dries....

Scott M. Wells
Graduate Research Assistant
Longear Sunfish Project
Dept. of Env. Sci. & Biology