Re: NANFA-L-- America's national fish

Subject: Re: NANFA-L-- America's national fish
dlmcneely at lunet.edu
Date: Thu Sep 09 2004 - 15:32:01 CDT

So, can we rely on the BOD to take this on as a project, and bring a report to the membership for approval, or whatever our bylaws require for the BOD to take an action on behalf of the organization? If we contact 5 or 6 conservation minded (or vote minded) members of each house of congress, present them with a resolution, and ask them to put it through, it is very likely to happen. They do these kinds of things all the time. I recall them passing bills that praise a citizen for some good samaritan act, or that draw attention to the importance of milk in the diet of children, and declare a national milk day. We can get a national fish, and it will be the fish we choose. And I know that when the BOD or the membership chooses a fish to back (or fishes, as I propose for the sake of stakes), all members will cheerfully support it.

Bruce, can the BOD do it for us?

Dave

David L. McNeely, Ph.D., Professor of Biology
Langston University; P.O. Box 1500
Langston, OK 73050; email: dlmcneely at lunet.edu
telephone: (405) 466-6025; fax: 405) 466-3307
home page http://www.lunet.edu/mcneely

"Where are we going?" "I don't know, are we there yet?"