Re: NANFA-L-- Bonaire

Mysteryman (bestfish at alaweb.com)
Wed, 28 Sep 2005 14:49:48 -0700

Derek Parr wrote:

> .... but of course I'm curious about what freshwater aquatic critters
> may be found as well....

This is a subject I also find interesting. A lot of these little islas
have freshwater on them, and some bigger islands like Cuba of course
have their own endemic species, but how many other carribbean islands
have their own freshwater fish? Are there any which are scattered across
several different islands? Yesterday we heard about the rare tree boa of
St. Thomas, so I'm going to make the guess that it must have a
freshwater ecosystem in order to support such higher species?