NANFA-L-- Diversity Indicies

Brian J. Torreano (headdarter at btdarters.com)
Fri, 30 Sep 2005 00:06:14 -0500 (CDT)

Dear Todd Crail,
I created such indicies for Wisconsin fish for my master's thesis
work. Each fish was ranked according to its "Habitat Of Most
Frequent Occurrence". My work actually found out that in Pool 8 of
the Mississippi River the species assemblage changed quite
dramatically over 50 years. Based on the changes in the species
assemblage, my "metrics" indicated that the changes were due to
increased siltation and a reduction in aquatic plant biomass in the
system. Other concurrent studies of the river system backed-up my
findings. I don't know if I have an extra copy of my thesis lying
around that I could send you. I will try to find one. Also, the
university where I got my thesis may have a copy on-line. I will
check and let you know.

Brian

Brian J. Torreano - Owner
BTDarters
Your on-line resource for American Darters and other native fish for the
small to medium-sized aquarium!
Web: http://www.btdarters.com
Phone: (262) 268-7489