Re: NANFA-- Re: grapevines in fishtanks

Edward Venn (e_venn_at_hotmail.com)
Sat, 07 Apr 2001 06:59:40 -0000

<x-flowed>
We used to but, everyone uses plastic these days. Goldfish don't seem to
mind and we usually toss the stuff after each spawn. It's getting hard to
find willow as the government has been ordering the cutting down of trees
and replacing them with softwood plantations. When you go into the Japanese
countryside you can see large masses of pine, spruce, fir and similar trees
all in neat rows. One bad effect of this has been to increase the number of
people suffering from allergies. In extreme cases there are people who show
allergic reactions not just to the pollen but even to the wood.

Ed
Tokyo Japan