RE: NANFA-- Mermaids in Seattle

Whitlock, Steve (Steve_Whitlock_at_jdedwards.com)
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 08:58:41 -0600

List Members,

Next time you are in Seattle there are a few places you should go. I'm sure
Jay could list others.

#1, The Seattle Aquarium. (It's very well done, with lots of Puget Sound
species. However, I still prefer the Vancouver aquarium.)
#2, The Ballard Locks. (These locks separate Lake Washington from the Puget
Sound and it's a great place to watch salmon pass by on their way to spawn.
-- Spring and Fall are best.)
#3, The Olde Curiosity Shoppe. (It's just down from the Seattle Aquarium on
the waterfront and it's the place housing the mermaids Jay posted. These
use to creep me out when I was a kid and whenever I'd be swimming in a local
lake, I'd think about them. They are just a little to real looking.)

SW