Re: NANFA-- tiny pike

D. Martin Moore (archimed_at_netdoor.com)
Sun, 29 Apr 2001 21:37:18 -0500

On 28 Apr 2001, at 2:16, NATURNUT_at_aol.com wrote:

> Jim-
> What kind of specific habitat do you look in to collect the F. dispar? Could
> you describe it? I have found plenty of F. notatus, but no dispar. I have 7
> that Leo gave me, but it would be nice to know what kind of habitat they are
> naturally found in. Could you please describe the area? thanks __dan

I'm not the Fundulus expert that BG and Bruce are, but BG and I
have collected F. dispar in a cypress backwater which was mostly
filled with water lilies. Dark-stained water with no current. Usually
I catch F. olivaceous (similar to notatus) in streams in pockets with
slow current.

Prost,

Martin
Jackson, MS