RE: NANFA-- Okefenokee trip pictorial

Roselawn Museum (roselawn_at_mindspring.com)
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 14:14:08 -0400

As if someone needed a reason to get into fish...(-: Yeah, one of Granny's
favorite stories was how her mother nearly lost her hair running from a
black racer. She typically wore her hair up in a tight bun on top of her
head. As she ran under the backyard clothesline, she didn't quite clear the
line with the bun, and SHE came off the ground as she literally
clotheslined herself. I never knew my great-grandma could even run...much
less fast enough to go airborne! Either way, it was a delightful image for
a listening child, and added yet another layer to the black racer chronicles.

Steven A. Ellis
Kennesaw, GA
(Sorry, I didn't know I was supposed to run!)