Re: NANFA-- Blanket Bans & Mussel Culture?

Michael Canady (canady1538_at_msn.com)
Sat, 5 Apr 2003 17:17:16 -0800

well, If i catch an invasive species
like the zebra mussels on the mississippi, or
the sqaw fish here in WA, I like to hide them
in rocks, or drop them in between slats on the dock.
I dont mind the smell and it scares off the competition
fisherman. Saving the good fish.
-luke

----- Original Message -----
From: Todd Crail
Sent: Saturday, April 05, 2003 9:52 AM
To: nanfa_at_aquaria.net
Subject: Re: NANFA-- Blanket Bans & Mussel Culture?

See, that's where you need to get creative. Catch a whole bunch of 'em....
Kill 'em... Let 'em sit in a bucket (DNR Sticker on the bucket would be a
fine touch) for a couple days in the July sun and then turn them in. Tell
them how far and how much trouble you went thru to appropriately remove
these invasives, and ask if they have any suggestions on how you can do this
with less trouble, because as a concerned ecologist, you know that releasing
them live isn't a good thing.

They'll prolly just tell you to feed the racoons... (remember... It was
their bosses that made the rules, not them ;)

And make sure you get the guy's name in case you run into one of his buddies
so you have references :)