Re: NANFA-- RE: diseased sunfish

Steffen Hellner (steffen_at_hellner.biz)
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 22:10:17 +0200

Headwater fishes like that. I don4t bother for plants much. With my Betta
coccina (a fish of rather slow flowing waters) I keep things different:
partial waterchanges every three to four weeks, but keep the population rate
low to avoid the metabolism substances which affect the health and growth of
the fish. These fishes which like constant milieu are different.

What the heck is bacteria, if my fish like fresh water! ;-) Why rely on
monocells when you have good water to change? Sometimes monocells don4t work
as expected - boom! Water is true.

Steffen

> Von: John Bongiovanni <bongi_at_cox-internet.com>
> Antworten an: nanfa_at_aquaria.net
> Datum: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 13:42:54 -0500
> An: nanfa_at_aquaria.net
> Betreff: Re: Re: NANFA-- RE: diseased sunfish
>
> Performing 100% water changes that often, I wonder what the benefit of the
> bacteria are? You are physically removing the organics, plus the nitrites
and
> nitrates and ammonia. In fact, filtration is unnecessary at this
frequency.
> If you have plant in the tank the frequency may even be detrimental to the
> health of the plants depending upon the source and make-up of the water.
What

-