Re: NANFA-- some recomended fish to go along with...

Richard Rego (mummichog_at_naisp.net)
Tue, 6 Apr 2004 18:08:32 -0400

Hi Mike,

Quick question...what are the swamp eels? Are they Amphiuma, Sirens or
are they fish (Anguilla or Synbranchus!?!?!?).

Rick.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Sandel" <kwksand_at_yahoo.com>
To: <nanfa_at_aquaria.net>
Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2004 4:11 PM
Subject: Re: NANFA-- some recomended fish to go along with...

> I've got a juvy flagfish with H. formosa, small swamp eels, banded dwarf
sunfish, and a small crayfish. He is playing well with others. A friend of
mine has had bad experiences with adults though, they were in a 75 with
gouramis, corys, etc. I guess the tropicals became the object of the
flagfish' aggression.
> Perhaps the pair were trying to be romantic and wanted some privacy.
> I would think most Fundulus would be suitable, since they are agile, and
of good size. I personally won't keep the flagfish with any Elassomas. My
pygmies only have to put up with H. formosa. :)
> Michael
>
> matt ashton <ashtonmj2003_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Ive always been interested in Flagfish long before I knew what a native
was...

> Ive been fish sitting while someone at work moves so I have a free tank in
a week or two..

> So along with the flagfish...any suggestions on tank mates such as
Elassoma, Enneachanthus, Pirate Perch, Hogchokers, madtoms, and any Fundulus
recommendations. Mix and match or anything of the sort.

> Its a 55 long with about 4-6 inches of sand and a thin layer of flourite.
Its planted mostly with Vallineseria some java fern and moss clumps, a few
bunches of hornwort as well.