Re: NANFA-- Game keepers lodge

Robert Carillio (darterman_at_hotmail.com)
Mon, 07 Aug 2000 18:46:29 EDT

Casper, I will answer those q's for you... First, I wanted the power heads
to be on timers so that they wern;t constantly "blowing around" smaller dace
which occupy pool type habitats in the wild, for the most part. I also did
not want the fish to exert any more energy than they had to, so that they
would not be looking "skinny" all the time due to useing more energy from
all of that flow. Second, I did not have an automatic feeder, as I "trained"
and put someone at the establishment in charge for three days of feeding,
and I did the other two. The tank would go unfed over the weekend so that
nothing would get wasted. An automatic feeder in this instance would not
have been a good idea, due to the chance of it "stalling" or food becoming
spoiled. Also, I wanted to be sure that every fish got their share of
rations!... HA!... For the fishes health, I always prefer that the
proprietor of an aquarium, should get involved with the tank at least that
much. When running a maintenance business, one will often see the importance
of that, although that can go into a whole different story!... Lastl, The
nice thing about acrylic, is the fact that it does not fog up in cases of
temp. differences, so it was always crystal clear... (the water).. I will
see if I can find a photo of this display. I also distributed NANFA info at
the display.... Robert S. Carillio...