Re: NANFA-- More on convention

Robert Carillio (darterman_at_hotmail.com)
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 21:06:03 EDT

Hey there Casper! Glad you like that area!... Ya know, there are so many
places around this area to do some possible snorkling and fish observations.
All of the sites are within 15 minutes or less from one another. Three
days is just not enough to see the concentration. I will give some
examples.... Rose Lake, Lake Logan, Queer Creek, Clear Creek,
The Hocking River, Big and Little Darby Creeks (about 1 hour away). There
are some pretty neat pool habitats in Old Man's Cave State Park, Ash Cave,
Cantwell Cliffs, Conkles Hollow (state nature preserve), Rock Bridge (state
nature preserve), Cedar Falls, and much more. I will see if we can get
permission to do something different. We can "dispatch" small groups out by
dropping them off at different areas, headed by a group lead. This is just a
brainstorm right now. Look at a lot of the sites on the web, under "HOCKING
HILLS" I am working right now on getting some kind of group rate for the
lodgeing. This is a nice place to have an event like this in. I am going to
try to reserve lodgeing on a weekend that is not busy, as sometimes this
region can be the "Yellowstone" of Ohio. Casper, Too bad October would not
be good, as water really runs clear and cooler around the middle of that
month. This is actually great for color on fish, as well as clarity for
snorkling.... I have to put it when most can attend however. August is also
good up here. It gets hot, but not usually above 85. Comments???...