Re: NANFA-- Virus warning

Al G Eaton (sege7_2000_at_yahoo.com)
Sat, 4 Aug 2001 07:28:13 -0700 (PDT)

You all need to be careful with those viruses and not
be fooled by the txt or doc extension ... some
emailers only read the first extention, but viruses
may have two extensions, so what appears to be a
harmless doc may actually be a .doc.ext extension...
or any one of the other ext viruses use. Never open up
an attachment if you dont know who its from or arent
expecting it...even if it appears to be a doc.pic or
txt file ... always scan it or check its properties.
I too received several messages like the ones you got
moon, and when I ran them through yahoos virus
checker, it came back with the sircam virus. It looks
like someone out there on the list has the virus. I
wrote back to the person who sent them to me telling
them they are infected with a virus. What may appear
to be a harmless attachment is really a wolf in sheeps
clothing