NANFA-- Re: "pike" in Alabama spring streams

Dave McNeely (dlmcneely_at_lunet.edu)
Mon, 05 Aug 2002 09:29:40 -0500

The grass pickerel, _Esox americanus_ is common is small streams throughout
the S. and much of the Atlantic slope. Given your location in the edge of
the S. Appalachians, you may have either of two subspecies, and the two
intergrade in or near your area. See Page and Burr's field guide for
general information.

visit our web page, http://www.nanfa.org