Re: NANFA-- NATIVE FISHES GAME IDEA!

John Bongiovanni (bongi_at_cox-internet.com)
Tue, 06 Aug 2002 18:24:55 -0500

<x-flowed>
Growing up my brothers and I played a game called Jets. It was a card
game modeled somewhat on the card game "war".
Each card (50?) had a nice photo of a jet like a B52 or a F111. On the
flipside specifications were listed, Top speed, Altitude, Wingspan, etc.
Maybe 5 or 6 specifications in all. The entire deck was dealt to the
players. The first player would take the first card from the top and
"challenge" the opponent with one of the specifications. So player 1
would look at his Jet specifications and call out say, "Altitude". Both
players would then display their cards. Whichever player had the jet
that achieved the greatest altitude got both cards. Play went on until
all cards were captured by one of the players. In kid terms (as I
remember) the game lasted pretty long and we got to know those jets
pretty well.

I can invision a wildlife game called "go fish"! dang, I think that
one's taken... Anyway I envision a card game based upon the same
principles A nice photo and characteristics. The characteristics would
have to be quantifiable such as typical depth in which the fish are
typically found, weight, inches, etc. A nice natural history section
below would complete the card.

What'ya thinK?

John B.

Robert Carillio wrote:

>Robert S. Carillio
>
>Here is an idea that I thought may be fun to toy with.. How about a NANFA
>Native Fishes board game fashioned in much the same manner as trivial pursuit
>as for a question part of it... .. The object could be to save an
>endangered fish from extinction and the winner of course succeeds... Proceeds
>from the sale of such a game will go back to NANFA Can anyone think of a game
>and object???
>
>Oh maybe NOT.. Disregard this post.. It's late and I am so tired I am
>hallucinating.. I think I'll go try and count some darters... zzzzzzzzzz....
>/ Association"
>/ This is the discussion list of the North American Native Fishes Association
>/ For more information about NANFA, visit our web page, http://www.nanfa.org
</x-flowed>