Re: NANFA-- Fwd: "Pet Shop Problems?"

Jay DeLong (thirdwind_at_att.net)
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 11:19:14 -0800

<x-flowed>
At 10:40 AM 12/15/00, you wrote:
>Sounds like old Vince has too much time on his hands. Although it could be
>a PETA ruse.

I don't believe it's either of those, and don't feel it's helpful to
belittle his concerns or suggest an organized plot. What is wrong with
providing animal commodities basic levels of comfort? NANFA's member code
of ethics, voted on and approved by the membership, includes this passage,
which seems reasonable and decent, and which Vincent may have even read:
"All reasonable attempts should be made to maintain fishes with the
utmost regard for their safety and health, which includes, but is not
limited to: maintaining sufficient water quality; providing water
chemistry, temperature, oxygen levels and foods appropriate for each
particular species..."

--
Jay DeLong
Olympia, WA

/----------------------------------------------------------------------------- /"Unless stated otherwise, comments made on this list do not necessarily / reflect the beliefs or goals of the North American Native Fishes / Association" / This is the discussion list of the North American Native Fishes Association / nanfa_at_aquaria.net. To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get help, send the word / subscribe, unsubscribe, or help in the body (not subject) of an email to / nanfa-request_at_aquaria.net. For a digest version, send the command to / nanfa-digest-request_at_aquaria.net instead. / For more information about NANFA, visit our web page, http://www.nanfa.org </x-flowed>