Re: NANFA-- Japanese magazine, was: LFS survival

Norman Edelen (normane_at_edelendoors.com)
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 09:04:36 -0800

I special ordered a Japanese Aquarium magazine once (one issue) from a local
Japanese bookstore, just to see what it looked like. I loved all the cute
illustrations. The title of the magazine was translated for me by the
clerk, who claimed it was entitled "Fish In Hot Water!" I suppose that
means tropical fish....

Norm

A proud member of
The Greater Portland Aquarium Society
www.gpas.org
The North American Native Fishes Association: over
20 years of conservation efforts, public education, and
aquarium study of our native fishes. Check it out at
www.nanfa.org

----- Original Message -----
From: Edward Venn <e_venn_at_hotmail.com>
To: <nanfa_at_aquaria.net>
Sent: Monday, December 04, 2000 2:09 AM
Subject: NANFA-- LFS survival

You can always relocate to Japan. We have malls but, there are no petmalls
as you know them in the US. Stores here sell bread and butter fish, both
tropical and temperate, salt and oddballs because to fail to do so would
give your competitors an undue advantage.

Edward Venn
Tokyo Japan
Where there are over 20 magazines devoted to tropical fish in your average
bookstore.
_________