Re: NANFA-- River Use Issues in GA/AL/FL- long winded

mcclurg luke e (mcclurgl_at_washburn.edu)
Sun, 17 Dec 2000 20:17:01 -0600 (CST)

I recently was in Alabama and Tennesse and was collecting with Casper
(thanks again Casper!) and we found a LOT of fish in the shade of the
over-pass of a large interstate highway. Not that I am arguing with your
data. I just think that in some cases the fish might be able to
adapt. But even beyond that, even a simple "aquaduct" type system above
ground might work. It could have a low gradient following the edge of the
empoundment with nooks and crannies built in to protect fish and create a
little habitat.

C'mon folks, I think we are discussing something worth talking about here,
let's keep the ideas flowing and maybe somewhere along the way a small
project might crop up where this idea can be tried.

Luke