RE: NANFA-- water bug and other books

Denkhaus, Robert (Robert.Denkhaus_at_fortworthgov.org)
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 11:01:03 -0600

I have that one too, Jan, and I agree that it is a good volume. I'm glad that
you mentioned it since I had forgotten. Mine came from a library sale
($0.50).

The "New Field Book" series was a revision to the original "Field Book of..."
series that was originally published in the 20s. As a collector of field
guides, I have accumulated 6-8 of the original series (21 books in all-that I
know of...). One of the original series was Fresh-water Fishes of North
America North of Mexico by Schrenkeisen. I have never come across this
volume. Does anyone have it who would care to comment? Most of the original
volumes are interesting for their historical knowledge or lack thereof.

Rob Denkhaus
Fort Worth Nature Center & Refuge