Re: NANFA-- Exterme collecting entry

Brian Haas (bhaas_at_netexpress.net)
Sun, 15 Dec 2002 20:01:07 -0600

At 10:59 AM 12/15/02 -0800, you wrote:
>In the Sacramento delta my buddy was swimming along and something
>grabbed him by the leg and pulled him under. He resurfaced somewhat
>further down the slough, having been released and carried by the
>current. There were no bleeding toothmarks. If we had tied a rope around
>him, perhaps we might have collected an interesting specimen. This is a
>true story.

A few years ago a canoeist, hanging his legs out of the vessel while on a
lake in one of our state parks, had a musky latch on to his foot. With the
animal's jaws still locked, the man pulled his foot (and the fish) into the
canoe. And for that, the DNR fined him for "fishing by illegal means."

Ray, did I get the story right?

Travis Haas
Hazel Green, WI
(Home for Christmas break)