Re: NANFA-- Niches and the Concept of Hypersea

Jay DeLong (thirdwind_at_att.net)
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 19:51:50 -0800

<x-flowed>
At 08:44 PM 12/19/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Sorry, I should have written, "If nature (or God) designed these niches to
>be 'unused,' then maybe that's the way they should stay...until nature (or
>God) decides to fill them." I didn't mean to imply that these niches should
>remain "empty" or "unused" for eternity, only that humans shouldn't feel
>compelled to "fill" what's perceived to be "empty" or "wasted" space. Nature
>(or God) should have the option to do so, and invariably will over time.

I think most of knew what you meant. We humans are rash in judgement and
short on planning and foresight, and too often destroy in the name of
progess-- we've intentionally poisoned species to extinction to protect
more "desireable" fish for sport or food or whatever, we've dammed free
flowing and ecologically diverse systems and then realized the mistakes
afterwards...

--
Jay DeLong
Olympia, WA