Re: NANFA-- dwarf sturgeon / captive breeding / refuguia

Irate Mormon (archimed_at_netdoor.com)
Sat, 21 Dec 2002 21:54:28 -0600

On 20 Dec 2002 at 17:25, Moontanman_at_aol.com wrote:

> You guys seem to think I want to save a giant squid. This is a fish
> small enough to keep in an aquarium or small pond. A few dozen people
> could keep more of them alive than currently exist. An outdoor refuge
> is not required. Why does everyone seem to think only of ways to make
> things more difficult and complex. one day the ecosystem of the dwarf
> sturgeon might recover but there will be no dwarf sturgeon to put in
> it unless we make it so. All the wish we had's and should haves will
> mean nothing.

I was thinking in more general terms, Moon. I'm not saying you're right or wrong either - just that I have a different viewpoint on this.
To me, a species which faces extinction due to habitat loss or whatever is a mere symptom of the overall problem (if there is in fact a
problem). But sometimes a species has just reached the end of its term.

Prost,

Martin
Jackson, MS

--