Re: NANFA-- The whole dam affair... Update

Crail, Todd (todd.crail_at_learnshare.com)
Thu, 11 Dec 2003 12:18:52 -0500

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your professional insights on this. After my initial outrage
subsided, and I realized I may have been overly jacked up on adrenaline (day
after), yeah I tried to begin giving the benefit of the doubt, and I hope
that it was reflected in my letter and in my conversation yesterday (the
initial email to the NANFA list was pure emotion).

I think that the Asst Chief wanted to tie up any loose ends if the public
perception was that they were exhibiting carelessness, and he did so in a
professional manner. I'm not sure what "suppression" means, but maybe
that's a tactic practiced to keep "cowboys" (like I may have appeared at the
time) calmed down.

But if they are as a department, concerned with public perception (and maybe
they're not, and that's their entitlement)... When I returned from my van,
they were all hanging on the rail of the bridge, hackin' loogies off into
the stream... I wouldn't exactly call that "back in service" :)

In any case, I feel confident if anything needs to be addressed in the
department, it will be. So enough about all that.... My only concern now is
how to prevent it in the future. And it may take citizen action to get the
ball rolling, which is what the Asst Chief seemed to imply with his own
concerns about the dam.

We'll see how we can handle this appropriately and effectively now that they
know who I am :)

Todd