Re: NANFA-- Re: native fish for ponds

Norman Edelen (piscivore_at_comcast.net)
Sat, 20 Dec 2003 11:02:24 -0800

Hello Burton,

Your best bet would be to contact the Oregon Dept. of Fish and Wildlife.
They have a list available of private hatcheries that sell fish species.
Everything from white sturgeon to bluegill. The list used to be online, but
apparently was removed after December 5th from their website.

I am afraid that might be your best source of fishes. Unless you angle for
them with an fishing license, or catch them by hand with a fishing license,
and by hand really means without a net or any other collecting gear; not
impossible, but difficult. Oregon has severe laws as regards collecting
fishes with nets or traps.

Good Luck,

Norm Edelen

Portland, Oregon

A Proud Member of
The Greater Portland Aquarium Society.
www.gpas.org

The North American Native Fishes Association
30 years of conservation efforts, public education,
and aquarium study of our native fishes.
www.nanfa.org

Lake Baikal Endemics Rock!