Re: NANFA-- Regional Spring Fling, Hoosier Style...

Todd Crail (farmertodd_at_buckeye-express.com)
Fri, 26 Dec 2003 17:58:52 -0500

Yep Matt. That was another part of the appeal of this location. There's a
bazillion canoe accesses and parks along it. If one spot sucks, you just
pack up and go 5 miles down the road... From what I've read, within 45
minutes east or south of the park, you have every kind of habitat you could
ever want to see in a midwestern stream.

Perhaps you could do some of the interpretation on the geology of the area
Matt? In as little as I understand, this is either sandy moranic drift or
possible dunes from glacial lake Chicago. I haven't had a chance yet to
really research the post-Pleistocene events, anyone who understands can kick
in any moment :) What I do know is will be a current era representation of
what the typical clear water prairie stream habitats were prior to European
colonization.

And yes Casper... It's perhaps the most Snorkelmeister (tm) Midwest approved
vacation area... Probably about as clear as you'll find in the central
Midwest. Lake snorkeling, stream snorkeling... I think you'll really enjoy
it. I know I'm planning on having my gear assembled by then :)

Sajjad, I'll send you the initial post off list...

Todd