Re: NANFA-- How fish get from A to B

Shireen Gonzaga (whimbrel_at_home.com)
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 11:25:58 -0500

Jay DeLong wrote:

> What is the source of the fresh water?

Strictly rainwater. These are artificial impoundments.

> Are these ponds connected to other
> water bodies during times of wet weather?

One of them is definitely isolated. We even have fields
that become flooded during the wet season and I've seen
the egrets fishing there. That's why the presence of the fish
after water levels have been high for a while is such a
marvelous mystery.

- shireen