RE: NANFA-- environment and the presidency

Roselawn Museum (roselawn_at_mindspring.com)
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 15:58:54 -0500

At 01:33 PM 2/22/00 -0600, you wrote:

>...and just for the record, anyone shoots MY Goldfinches and I'll have
>their guts for garters! I could care less if Iowa wants to cut down a few
>sunflowers in 'nuisance' areas. I'd like to find the idiot who came up
>with that idea. I'd be parked in his legislative office waiting for
>him. Do you remember what brilliant politician it was who came up with
>that one?
>
>Luke

It's been a long time. I'm thinking, late '60's or early '70's. They
were state legislators in both cases, so they should appear in state
congressional records somewhere.

Closer to home (and slightly off-topic), about 15 years ago a town in Ohio
(the name escapes me) passed an anti-gun ordinance. Kennesaw, GA responded
by passing an ordinance (non-enforced) requiring each of its citizens to
own a gun.

I suppose my point is, it's too bad such reactionaries don't react
with the same fervor when it comes to saving the fish in their respective
states. Maybe we could encourage these cross-border conflicts to get states
to "out conserve" each other.

Steven A. Ellis
Kennesaw, GA
(Yes, but I don't use it to shoot goldfinches.)

---