Re: NANFA-- Christmas moss unmasked

Al G Eaton (sege7_2000_at_yahoo.com)
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 17:51:44 -0800 (PST)

Its a type of fontinalis... I have some I collected in
a spring run must off the conasauga river... I will
post a pic and the link to it tomorrow... I think the
species name in the books is Fontinalis
antipyretica... not sure if this is the same exact
species of moss that is native to the usa or not but
it looks the same as what is in the books. I have it
growing like crazy at the surface of the water in a 38
gallon tank with some tricolor and rainbow shiners.

Klaus