Re: NANFA-- cells smashers and ichthyologists

Mike Bessert (mbesser1_at_bigred.unl.edu)
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 12:34:13 -0800

Jay -

Foremost, I consider myself an ichthyologist (I don't know... does spending
approximately 160 hours snorkling/observing fish spawning in the prairie
potholes of SD last summer qualify me as a field guy?); however, I also
"smash cells" to answer important questions about the natural history of the
species I am investigating. How does that grab everyone?

Anyway, I understand some of the prickly, er, pessimistic views towards
molecular guys that do no field work in their system of interest... and I'd
like to obtain a copy of the article you describe.

Thanks.

Mike Bessert
Lincoln, NE