RE: NANFA-- noodling for flatheads

Denkhaus, Robert (DenkhaR_at_Ci.Fort-Worth.TX.US)
Sat, 2 Feb 2002 11:42:06 -0600

I remember as a kid when I didn't know what else to read to learn about the
great outdoors, I used to read Fur Fish and Game magazine which had
occassional articles on noodling. I was led to believe that it was a
southern activity which later led to a definitive connection between the
southern "Hey y'all watch this" and various negative occurrences.

Rob Denkhaus
Transplanted Yankee
Fort Worth Nature Center & Refuge

-----Original Message-----
From: Prizma_at_aol.com
To: nanfa_at_aquaria.net
Sent: 2/1/02 11:13 AM
Subject: Re: NANFA-- noodling for flatheads

ive heard of noodling many times... and seen a couple deals on local tv
of
characters doing it as well as an article or 2 in the local paper over
the
years. ( didnt i send you one chris s? ) they also get snapping turtles
too
as they are eaten by old timers... 7 kinds of meat they say.
there are not water moccassins here ( chattanooga ) so that helps.
still tho that is mighty creepy thrusting your whole arm up to your face

under a dark bank. i want to count fingers on the most experienced folk.
casper

------
/ nanfa_at_aquaria.net. To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get help, send the
word
/ subscribe, unsubscribe, or help in the body (not subject) of an email
/ For more information about NANFA, visit our web page,