Re: NANFA-- pearl dace

Rob Criswell (ammocrypta_at_hotmail.com)
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 18:35:18 -0500

<x-flowed>
I'm aware of healthy populations of pearl dace in alkaline spring runs in
southcentral PA, and the situation is similar in VA. Trying to maintain the
pH at or near the level present in the stream of capture is probably
valuable, but temperature may be as important. Although they can tolerate
warmer termpertures if necessary, its probably no coincidence that they're
more or less boreally distributed and prefer some of the coldest streams
available at the southern limit of their range.