NANFA-- fish skull

Hoover, Jan J ERDC-EL-MS (HOOVERJ_at_wes.army.mil)
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 11:38:54 -0600

also....tarpon and ladyfish closely related (same family)

-----Original Message-----
From: Hoover, Jan J ERDC-EL-MS
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2003 11:28 AM
To: 'nanfa_at_aquaria.net'; Al at wading-in.net
Subject: RE: NANFA-- Skull ID (I think)

Al -
I agree. It resembles the neurocranium of a tarpon. There are diagrams on
pages 140-141 in Gregory's Big Book of Fish Skulls which would allow you to
ID individual bones. I will be happy to photocopy and FAX it to you, if you
like.

Dave -
I am impressed with your skills in forensic ichthyology. Can you tell us
how it died ?