NANFA-- anchor worm in humans?

njz (njz_at_clevelandmetroparks.com)
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 23:18:57 -0500

John, I must say that I find this incredibly unusual. There are only a few
zoonotic diseases that transfer from fish to humans but anchor worm is
certainly not one of them! I wonder if the anchor worm that was diagnosed is
actually a different beast than the anchor worm that we find on fish. Can you
give us any symptoms of your condition? I will forward this to our list
server and a couple of other people that I know. I will get replies to you as
they come in. Good luck.

Nick Zarlinga

"If we ignore nature.....maybe it'll go away."

----- Original Message -----
From: John Day
To: junk1_at_fish.la.asu.edu
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2004 12:37 PM
Subject: nanfa

Dear Sir;

I have been diagnosed as having an Anchor worm in my body. I have not
been able to find any human cases. I am on my way to Miami, Fl. to Jackson
Memorial Hospital from Kennesaw, Ga. Jackson Memorial has a top notch parasite
division. I have had this infection for at least 7 months. My 6 year- old
daughter had a nauplius stage organism on her lip on Wednesday.

Any info you might be able to provide me would be greatly appreciated!

My cell # is 404-422-6760.

Thank you,

John D. Day