RE: NANFA-- Esox americanus

Henry Jeffery Puryear (henryjeff_at_pure.net)
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 20:35:12 -0500

Has anyone ever heard of chiclids in South Carolina. I forget the name
they are called. But they are not native, right? Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-nanfa_at_aquaria.net On Behalf
Of Gastropodmania_at_aol.com
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2004 5:28 PM
To: nanfa_at_aquaria.net
Subject: NANFA-- Esox americanus

I was wondering if you have any information about Esox americanus, the
redfin
or grass pickerel. Since they only get to be 15" I thought they might be
better choice than a spotted gar in an 125 gallon tank. Can they be
weaned onto
commercial big carnivorous fish food? I was also wondering if you could
keep
a yard long little sturgeon in a 125 gallon tank.

[demime 0.99d.1x removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a
name of Fish .jpg]
------
/ reflect the beliefs or goals of the North American Native Fishes /
Association" / This is the discussion list of the North American Native
Fishes Association / nanfa_at_aquaria.net. To subscribe, unsubscribe, or
get help, send the word / subscribe, unsubscribe, or help in the body
(not subject) of an email to / nanfa-request_at_aquaria.net. For a digest
version, send the command to / nanfa-digest-request_at_aquaria.net instead.
/ For more information about NANFA, visit our web page,