RE: NANFA-- Fish rules criticized, praised at Oregon hearing

mcclurg luke e (mcclurgl_at_washburn.edu)
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 13:33:23 -0600 (CST)

Okay, right. I am adamantly oppossed to the government confiscation of
private property. Certainly, the constitution allows for it after due
processes, but I think those processes have been greatly abused. Some
state DNRs are finding that working with the land owners instead of
displacing them has on overall better effect on mainting a species found
on their lands, including fishes. If we could just reverse the false
education being taught and advocated by the agri-chemical business and the
'corporate farms"...they want to SELL something folks, why else do you
think they are advocating these things,duh?...we might see a dramatic rise
in species populations across the board. Farmers used to be (and still
are to a greater degree than most) very concerned about the land and the
species on it. Unitil the Agro-chemists came on the scene that is...

Luke