Re: NANFA-- Fw: Trading Post

Scott Davis (unclescott_at_prodigy.net)
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 17:30:43 -0600

Hi B.G !

I'm not a member of NANFA. We've encountered each other a little though
killie things on list and trying to find Magilla. However I have done the
"program chairman thing" for a couple of decades for local clubs (if you
stretch my terms out). If relevant for the killie club and/or local general
club, if you are letting them out, I would like to solicit a copy.

I will probably break down and join NANFA and rejoin the ALA in a couple of
months. Seasonal bills, book expenditures, etc make it impolitic to do that
right now. And I don't think it is fair to promise to join as a part of the
effort to secure the tape.

If it is Kosher to purchase a tape, I would really like to....whether I ever
join NANFA or not. The cost of membership is ever the least of the costs
naturally. (So little time, so little money, so little energy, so many neat
fish and fish people) I can almost guarantee it would be shown to at least
two or three clubs. That's not bad coverage for natives. In the last couple
of years I persuaded Magilla into doing a natives programs for the CKA and
got Kevin Maloney & Sajjad Lateef to put together a terrific presentation to
the last general club in the area. I also seem to be corresponding with
locals elsewhere on program stuff, so tapes and ideas are beginning to flow.

Please e-mail me at your convenience. Thanks for taking the time to shepherd
those tapes..

All the best!

Scott