Re: NANFA-- RE: Raffle

Sajjad Lateef (sajjad_at_acm.org)
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 12:58:09 -0600 (EST)

I would love some more mollies (P. velifera?) ... the largest male tried
to explore the world outside of it's tank and found that it was not all
water. A pity ... it was such a beauty. Full beautiful dorsal, iridescent
edges on the caudal and it kept wooing the one female (the others turned
out to be juve males). It was a fascinating display. Not a problem about
the loss though ... the one female is plump and should see baby mollies
any day now. Hope they survive.

Some of the mollies are displaying "hollow" sides and are looking a bit
lethargic. One of them looks like it has some kind of internal parasite
(white "grub") characterized by small clusters of white spots (not Ich).
Fins are clamped a bit. The water is clean and at 230-240 ppm. I added
half a teaspoon of pure NaHCO3 to get the carbonate hardness up a bit.
It's a 29G tank. Shall I add NaCl? I don't want to medicate the entire
tank. Any suggestions (Bob Bock/Scott Davis/Anyone)?