Re: NANFA-- Off topic?

Al G Eaton (sege7_2000_at_yahoo.com)
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 14:25:47 -0800 (PST)

I have Epiplatys sexfasciatus in with my Ozark
collection and they are currently around 52 without
any ill effects. They eat fine and swim fine...so the
cold water is not bothering them. Hypsopanchax
modestus, is a cold water lampeye from same
mountainous area where the volcano is currently
erupting and should always be kept at the cold
temperature you have. You can keep any of the
previous fish I listed to Tony's post. You will see
the Epiplatys cruising at the surface of the water,
analogous to our topminnows here. The lampeyes are a
socialble schooling fish which you should see from
time to time. The Aphyosemion will hide underneath
lilypads or in vegetation and like it dark. Stay
away from Rivulus, unless you are willing to put an
airtight cover on top. They are masters of jumping
and crawling out of tanks.