Re: NANFA-- Collecting in the Low Country (longish)

Roselawn Museum (roselawn_at_mindspring.com)
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 15:37:18 -0500

Yo Casper

Glad you liked it. Next time, you need to go. I think the Savannah Branch
(in warmer weather) looked snorkelable. Some of the guys in this group also
expressed interest in the Chattanooga area, so prepare to host a foray on
your turf. I guess the taillights are my favorites from this batch,
although they can't match the sheer beauty of the bluebarred pygmys. You'll
see why when you look at my pics. BTW, you could also be a redneck if you
turn an olympic size swimming pool into a pond. (-:

The Okefenokee trip is gathering steam with folks all over the SE. We could
have a very interesting group by spring. After my two recent swamp visits,
I'm getting pretty excited about going. No date has been set yet, but it
makes sense (IMHO) to go before the really killer heat arrives. It can be a
very unforgiving place under the best of circumstances. The chance for cool
fish, to me, outweighs the reptiles and bugs. Anyone who is interested can
contact me off list and I'll update you as the thing comes together.

Steven A. Ellis
Kennesaw, GA