Re: NANFA-- RE: "I love you" messages

Todd Crail (farmertodd_at_buckeye-express.com)
Sat, 25 Jan 2003 11:37:14 -0500

Thanks for pointing that out Bob. :)

That's the fear this person is playing off of. The only way this is a
"true" virus is to consider the amount of unnecessary email generated
concerning it :) The real I love you virus comes with a nifty little
attachment.

What does bother me about this whole thing is that I received the same
amounts of email at my old tcrail address, as well as my new address I've
been using for a week. I think what's happened is this person has gone
around subscribing and querying email lists for names and specific groupings
to harrass. What I'm getting at is... I think they're using static lists of
email addresses.

I wonder if the "Froms" for Josh and Leo were different, and the NFC list is
experiencing the same thing? I remember the From being "NANFA-List" or
something like that? Were some of them "NFC-List"?

You know... That makes me wonder too, if we're just the test subjects for
some scripts someone is trying to write. At any rate, if you get any email
with an attachment and don't have virus protection, don't open it, don't
preview it. Turn off your preview pane if you use it (preview pane executes
just like opening it), and then delete the message from both your inbox and
deleted items.