Re: NANFA-- wintering fish

Moontanman_at_aol.com
Fri, 2 Jan 2004 12:28:44 EST

In a message dated 1/2/04 11:59:45 AM Eastern Standard Time,
michiganfish_at_wideopenwest.com writes:

> Look at NANFA of all the people that keep fish in this
> country and are members of aquarium clubs only about 400 belong to NANFA.

Wait until I win the lottery, NANFA will be the richest little club on the
planet! Sadly I know what you mean about people just not wanting a native fish.
I have shown blue spotted sunfish in all their breeding glory to people before
and they went wild until they found out the fish lives everywhere around
them. But a lot of the time the reaction is one of misinformation. Things like,
native fish carry disease, they can't live in warm water, I'd have to throw out
all my tropicals, native fish are to vicious to keep with tropicals, the list
goes on and on. Propagated mainly by petshops, even the one I used to work in
wouldn't let me tell about native fish to the customers.

Moon